How AI, Robotics, and Blockchain Technology Can Transform Digital Education: OECD Digital Education Report 2021 – ET CIO
The report highlighted the need for digital advancement or education in recent times citing the following circumstances of the current scenario:
- With the Covid-19 pandemic, many schools have moved to digital learning to continue educating children
- However, screen fatigue and the stress of adjusting to digital devices for a long time caused problems in preparing for the learning process
- Tech readiness and the use of innovative technology can better prepare schools around the world to implement effective digital education
The three advanced technologies of the era AI, blockchain, and robotics are already being used in some countries. Look at all of them:Artificial intelligence and its growing importance in education:
- AI can improve digital learning experiences by making them more interactive and adaptive in the following ways:
- It can help teachers gauge the varying attention and focus of different students, the areas where they are bored and the areas where they are progressing.
- AI can enable amateur teachers to better perceive and get an idea of the classroom such as when to slow down, speed up and ask questions to stimulate passive class
- Learning analytics can help create practical assessments and exams through simulations, in professional environments
- AI technology can help reintegrate learning and assessment, using real-time data and feedback to help students
The role of robots in digital education:
- Effective use of robots will require a significant reinvention of the role of teachers. Bots combined with AI can help improve the quality of teaching for human teachers in the following ways:
- Social bots are constantly being fed a torrent of data and have huge potential to disrupt teaching and learning. For example, while one is studying psychology on a computer, the computer can in turn measure the way in which the pupil is studying psychology and make the learning experience more accurate.
- Bots can easily perform some of the teacher’s routine actions. For example, it could take two students to a corner of the class and have a conversation in French for 10 minutes while the rest of the class works on action verbs with the human teacher
The growing importance of blockchain:
- Blockchain is claimed to be the most mature technology by application out of the three technologies covered in the report
- The blockchain can burden the educational system with the task of maintaining decades of certificate and degree data
- Qualifications verified by Blockchain can make the entire process of providing certificates, maintaining massive amounts of data and records very smooth, easy and manageable.
The OECD report concluded by emphasizing the following points about the application of these technologies:
The relationship between technology use and learning outcomes varies widely across countries
Teachers need to invest themselves in learning to use AI and robotics, and in improving them with a human approach to impart the best possible education to students
Technology works best when people are involved in using it and benefiting from it, not when it is left to their own devices.
#Robotics #Blockchain #Technology #Transform #Digital #Education #OECD #Digital #Education #Report #CIO