New study reveals Las Vegas lags behind the rest of the nation in technology and cybersecurity; Las Vegas-based Redpanda Systems releases business technology survey results
Las Vegas, Nevad (November 7, 2022) Las Vegas-based information technology (IT) systems company RedPanda Systems releases a research report that examines current trends, attitudes, and behaviors regarding the use of technology in business, both in So. Nevada and nationwide. The study analyzes current attitudes toward internal technology capabilities, cybersecurity efforts, technology budget, and more. Click here to download the full study results.
Among the relevant findings from the report, RedPanda learned this.
- So. Nevada lags significantly behind the rest of the nation when it comes to cybersecurity investments. The majority of companies in Las Vegas said they invest only 40 percent of their annual IT budget in cybersecurity. In contrast, the majority of companies nationally said they allocate more than 60 percent of their annual IT budget to cybersecurity.
- When it comes to being fully prepared to deal with cyberattacks (such as phishing, malware and social engineering), Las Vegas professionals generally said they feel much less confident than the rest of the nation.
- Nearly half of business professionals in Las Vegas feel they “urgently need” to upgrade their work computer and other technologies. Nationwide, only about 20 percent of business professionals felt the same about their technology, indicating a significant lack of technology infrastructure in So. Companies in Nevada.
When summed up, the most compelling finding from this study is that business professionals in Las Vegas do not view IT or technology with the same level of importance as the rest of the nation. When asked to allocate a hypothetical budget for their company, for example, technology was given the lowest priority among other common budget allocations, and when asked which company division was most important to overall business growth, a Las Vegas business professional did not choose IT (both shockingly less than national business audience).
“Las Vegas is significantly under-prepared technologically compared to other high-growth markets like ours,” said David Shultis, CISSP/MBA, co-owner of RedPanda Systems. “thus. Nevada continues to become a hotspot for new businesses and residents, and our corporate technology must keep pace or exceed the pace of the rest of the nation, or else we will fall victim to the same cyber threats, the rest of the nation is already prepared for.”
RedPanda is publishing these findings in an effort to highlight the importance of creating a stronger technology infrastructure among the So. Companies in Nevada. Some of the key perspective points the company hopes to convey include:
- Since 2019, So. Nevada’s population grew more than 8 percent to 3.1 million, and is expected to continue growing to 4.5 million through 2060.
- More than 7,500 new businesses have opened or relocated to So. Nevada between 2011 and 2019, and this number is expected to continue to increase rapidly over the next decade (according to the Las Vegas World Economic Alliance).
- Cybercrime in general has risen more than 600 percent since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, and is only expected to increase over the coming years (according to ABC News).
In addition to publishing the 2022 study, the RedPanda team regularly works with several Las Vegas institutions to discuss the importance of IT readiness. Schultz speaks regularly at local business groups about the growing cyberthreats and ways to solve them, and spends time with clients and colleagues advising them about the future needs of powerful business technology.
The Las Vegas National Business and Technology Survey 2022 conducted by RedPanda Systems interviewed 132 business professionals in So. Nevada and across the nation. Respondents were high-level employees working in a variety of industries, with more than 90 percent of the public saying the technology being implemented in their company.
Download the free full report and read it for more ideas here.
About RedPanda Systems
Founded in Las Vegas in 2015, RedPanda Systems is a technology partner for growing and establishing businesses throughout the Southwest. Offering a range of IT services to keep businesses running at maximum efficiency while protecting sensitive corporate data, these services include future technology planning, partial CIO partnerships, cloud backup solutions, cybersecurity protection, equipment installation and individual customer support. For more information or to schedule a free seminar/presentation on technology readiness, visit RedPandaSystems.com or call 866-644-4005.
#study #reveals #Las #Vegas #lags #rest #nation #technology #cybersecurity #Las #Vegasbased #Redpanda #Systems #releases #business #technology #survey #results