Riot Games has already teased us with all the changes it has in stock for the upcoming VALORANT 5.07 update.
VALORANT Public Environment or more commonly known as VALORANT PBE, is a game testing platform where a select few players can test new content on upcoming patches being developed by Riot Games.
The 5.07 PBE patch notes primarily focused on factor flash changes. Riot is making some notable changes to Skye and KAY/O flashes to make them more suitable for multiplayer. Although Skye’s flash gets a significant boost in impact, KAY/O’s right-click flash gets a decrease in this PBE.
On the other hand, Riot is bringing improvements to Yoru and Reyna’s flashes considering they underperformed significantly in the last VALORANT Champions. These changes will make starter flashes more balanced towards team play and duelists like Reyna and Yoru more palatable.
Aside from these major changes, Riot is upgrading progress and visual flash changes. Players can also choose their favorite weapon skins, player cards, airbrushes, Gun Buddies and level limits from the next update. In addition, the group filter option is also tested at 5.07 PBE.
Read more: Riot Games revealed all the franchise teams for VCT 2023
Patch Notes VALORANT 5.07 PBE
The VALORANT character design team is constantly discussing the status of the agent definition, and wants to make some changes to refine some of our agents and role definitions. We are in a more stable state since the Champions, and the Game Changers teams will have a good time to acclimatize before the World Game Changers Championship takes place.
When it comes to swordsmen with flash ability, some starters have outlasted many when it comes to generating kills for themselves from their flashes. Skye and KAY/O are often better at taking aggressive 1v1 actions than the agents we would expect to be able to thrive in those scenarios like Yoru, Phoenix or Reyna.
These changes are intended to increase the total team play output of Skye and KAY/O when coordinating play with their teammates, and reduce some of their effectiveness when playing alone. We also hope to increase the reward to devote more time to perfecting their flash abilities. We believe that beginners should still be able to make one-on-one plays, but ideally they should be weaker than their dueling counterparts in these scenarios*. —Dan “Penguin” Hardison, designer*
Guiding Light’s destructibility didn’t seem like a meaningful counter-game, instead being downright punishing when Skye tried to throw it at longer range. By increasing outstanding production and rewarding Skye for bending her sparrows in the right places, we intend to foster more teamwork and differentiate her guiding light from other flashes in the game – especially when compared to swordsmen.
- The steering light sizing (E) model has been changed.
- Skye’s Guiding Light’s maximum flash duration now ranges from 1.25 seconds to 2.25 seconds over 75 seconds after charging
- The guiding light can no longer be shot and destroyed
- New VFX, UI and Sounds have been added to communicate the new gameplay objective
- [Not in PBE] The no-equipment delay of the steering light increased .75 seconds >>> .85 seconds
kay / s
The performance of KAY/O’s hidden FLASH/DRIVE (left-click) was higher than that of other “pop” flashes (eg Phoenix flash or Yoru flash). We feel as though the tested left hand throws don’t generate a strong enough reward for the mastery required to get them to appear in the right place. This tuning weakens the right-click when compared to pop flashes from Duelists, with the belief that KAY/O should pay a price for its versatility.
- flash/drive (x)
- Maximum flashbang duration reduced (right click) 2sec >>> 1.25sec
- Maximum flash bang duration (left click) increased by 2 seconds >>> 2.25 seconds
- [Not in PBE] The delay of not preparing both flashes has been reduced .6sec >>> .85sec
Reyna’s flash underperforms as a selfish entry tool, especially at high skill levels. This set of changes is meant to give Rina more agency on the way she decided to peek after casting Lear. Also, it should sharpen Leer as a powerful corner-breaking tool against customers on maps with longer lines of sight. We also felt that individual eye casts remain in the world for a very long time when the eye is not destroyed. If Reyna can now do more selfish play than her Leer, then we wanted to reduce some of the value she has when she is thrown out to her teammates.
- Wind increase for myopia effect .6s >>> .4s
- Domain restrictions on Leer . have been removed
- The delay of not equipping nearby has been reduced: .7 >>> .5
- The near unequipment delay is set to “immediate”.
- Duration decreased by 2.6 seconds >>> 2.0 seconds
Yoru is a devious agent, because we need to balance him on his ability to throw flashes during his end. We chose to go with a small increase in Blindside duration because we feel counter-circling flash and cloning is important to avoid overly frustrating situations.
- BLINDSIDE Duration (Q) increased by 1.5 seconds >>> 1.75 seconds
Visual Flash Updates
3P images of enemies and allies flashing behind the player’s head now appear the moment the flash begins to fade. This should give a clearer indication if the triggers are fully flashing or if the flash has started to fade.
1P when fully flashed now shortens the extra time to give a better indication of when the full flash will expire and the flash fade will start.
The window for awarding prizes aids for flashes, proximity, and concussions has been increased from 1 >>> 3 seconds after the debuff begins to fade.
Context: We felt that the assist period in these playoffs did not reflect the actual duration of the impact, and we wanted to ensure that supporting players are recognized and rewarded more often for setting up situations that benefit their teammates.
The hologram on the body tag that appears when bodies are turned off has been reduced in size.
Proxy bug fixes
- Fixed issue where KAY/O’s NULL/CMD would disable Killjoy’s Turret if the turret hits a pulse but Killjoy isn’t
- Fixed an issue where Killjoy’s Turret would shoot straight forward after shooting an enemy and then off the hook
- Fixed an issue where Killjoy’s Turret would shoot aimlessly when online if disabled while shooting a target
- Fixed a bug where Phoenix would not automatically re-equip the weapon at the end of Run It Back
- Rolling thunder of fixed breach showing dead enemies wounded in combat report
- Fixed an issue where if a player is deafening from multiple sources, at the first deaf finish removes the deafening effect completely
- Favorites and filters
- Added ability to favorite weapon skins, player cards, machine guns, pistol comrades and level limits (favorites continue until unfavorable)
- Added ability to filter your group (filters last until next login)
- Gun skins: owned/unowned, preferred/non-favorite, levels (select, deluxe, premium, ultra, exclusive)
- All others: owned/unowned, preferred/unpreferred
- random favorites
- In addition to being able to sort your weapon collection and assign your favorite weapons, you can now equip Random Favorites for each type of weapon. This will cause every game you play, one of your favorite weapons (along with one of the variants you own) to receive randomly every time you enter a match.
Read more: VALORANT ChronoVoid Skin Bundle: first look, price, release date and more
#VALORANT #PBE #patch #notes #Skye #Reyna #Yoru #Buff #KAYO #Nerf #Flash #Visual #update #GameRiv